DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sushi Take-Away?

Posted by SJ-190944 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bibba-196776 - 14 years ago

Izanami - find the childrens roundabout next to the post office and walk up the street opposite - its down there - not too bad. Also OK but not stunning - Picard the frozen food shops sell boxes - better than Carrefour fresh though in my opinion. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Sharon ....

The best we've found is Sushikan in Rue Florent (?) close to the railway in Cannes.  There's also O'Sushi in the Rue des Belges, again close to the railway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 15 years ago

I can imagine why you haven't wandered past it, its in the middle of rue fersen in the old town...not really any other restaurants nearby. I think he closes one day a week either monday or tues. a little more in the winter... enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rachael-180533 - 15 years ago

in antibes, its on rue de fersen, quite near the cinema.... it seems to be open at very sporadic intervals... but the sushi is fine

Sorry no image available
Posted by Markdo-187997 - 15 years ago

I also found the sushi in Cap3000 disappointing. The rice was particularly poor.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 15 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.  Wish I'd known about the Antibes restaurant earlier.  Do you know where exactly in Antibes?  Ended up picking up a couple of boxes from Carrefour, and very average is about right.  Even soaked in soy sauce and wasabi, I found it bland and stodgy.  I won't waste my money next time!

Sorry no image available

oh and if you are in a pickle for very average sushi, Carrefour usually has some in the fridge section near the fish aisle.

Sorry no image available

most sushi places do take-away even if they don't specifically advertise it.

in antibes there is Izanami - so far the best sushi I've had on the Cote

otherwise one of the asian restaurants in Villeneuve-Loubet near the Geant advertises sushi, don't know if they actually have it.

finally there is Cannes - several choices there can't find the flyers right now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by harpo-187362 - 15 years ago

There is a stand at the entrance to the food halls in Cap3000 that has a small selection.