DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The best where price does not matter

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

My aunt is comming to town in October and wishes to take us to a fabulous place to eat. Last year she took us to the Chevre D'or in Eze and it was wonderful. We had the set lunch w/ 5 accompanying wines for each course. She is looking for a similar type of place. Someone reccommended Bacon for Builliabase, but we all do not like that, so.....any suggestions? She wants a gastronomic experience with  matching ambiance. Not too far away though please. Someplace in the surrounding areas. Any comments on the Mulin d'Mugins?

Thanxs

Leslie

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 13 years ago

Just to let all know, I went to L'Oasis in La Napoule. It is part of the Relais and Chataux Group and has two Michelin Stars.  The food was excellent! We went for a Sunday lunch. Unfortunately it was raining last Sunday, but the whole place borders a circular garden and when it is nice out all the glass walls open up and they have tables on the patio.

They offer 4 menues ranging from 45-135 Euros. The staff were very nice and they have an excellent Semollier.

I highly reccomend this place to anyone who wants a gorgeous afternnon filled with great food and ambiance.

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 13 years ago

' Le Brulot' , at the back of the Antibes market merits not only a Michelin star but a mention of culinary delights beyound our wildest dreams - the delices of the Chef, Christian are orgasmatronic !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Uma-195086 - 13 years ago

The Bastide St. Antoine is ok for the money. NOT excellent nor is it consistant. Louis XV in Monaco is the place to go-a 3 Michelin and well worth it. The most elegant.Alain Lorca now runs the Moulins De Mougins for all of you who don't seem to know this. He was at the Negresco before. He is WAY over priced and my husband cooks MUCH better. Does not even have a one star and is priced the same as Louis XV. Eden Rock is ok and way over priced for what it is. The Juana in Juan les Pins is a two star and well worth the money-excellent and very refined.We have been to all the others (we have eaten at Brunos over 30 times!). It is quite far and hard to find but it is very special. Not refined cooking but excellent. They have a one star.My husband and are both gourmands and have eaten at every restaurant in the michelin guide so if you have any questions about a particular one just ask. We try a different one weekly!Uma

Sorry no image available

Thanxs!

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeff61 - 13 years ago

I often organise Gastronomy and wine tasting tours for foreign tourists.

La Chèvre d'Or is hard to beat, I agree. I can see some good recommandations above. I would add Le Saint Paul In St Paul de Vence & Le Cagnard in Haut de Cagnes, Château Saint Martin in Vence, all Relais & Châteaux. They all offer a very special & unique atmosphere, very elegant, cozy. Auberge de Tourrettes in Tourrettes sur Loup would also be on my list (the chef Christophe is a friend).

Have fun Leslie !

Sorry no image available

JJpage,

I will certainly publish my gastronomic adventure on the pages of Angloinfo!

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 13 years ago

Leslie, I've noticed a lack of response to one of your direct questions - so I'll put my 2 cents in here.  I've been to Moulin de Mougins and found it to be among the finest I've ever been.  It is well known around the world for a reason - it was first suggested to me from someone in San Diego.  I am pretty certain you will leave that resto with the pure joy of the finest in dining.  As an accomplished professional in culinary arts, I'd like to learn of your opinion after your visit.  Bon appetit!

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 13 years ago

I too would recommend the Bastide St. Antoine in Grasse.yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twizzel-185350 - 13 years ago

La Vignette Haute (Auribeau sur Siagne)  04 93 42 20 01<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

is well worth a visit although I prefer it in the evening only oil lamps light the dinning room and one end has a glass wall looking into a manger with donkey rabbits etc...If you don't fancy the drive home their rooms are great too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

I wouldn't go to any establishment which Michael Winner wrote about, unless he expressed his total contempt and dissatisfaction for it, in which case it might be the type of modest place I'd enjoy.  Nevertheless,  as we all, mercifully, have different tastes,  here's his review of La Reserve de Beaulieu as mentioned by Lisa.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-1257167,00.html