DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The Commonwealth Club - Australia Day!

Posted by Unity - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by liberal democrat - 14 years ago

Have been watching the progress of The Commonwealth Club with great interest and admiration since it's inauguration last November. They have had two events so far and the third is round the corner, as we see from the above notice.

They seem to be a club for all seasons with something for everybody, those who are international and like different cultures, those who want to be a part of a Club to whose events you could go with your Family, children included, those who haven't forgotten that they live in France and therefore should blend with some of the French Traditions and even those, like me, and the "Aussie" types who would like a beer and a bit of very acceptable fun and laughter!

After having been to  numerous  other expat club events, meeting in stuffy overpriced restaurants, dominated by one snobish nationality, the Commonwealth Club is like a bit of fresh air blowing through the Riviera! 

Unfortunately I have to languish in a waiting list to join the club since, I have been informed by it's warm and friendly Secretary that the club rules do not permit any one nationality to comprise more than 50% of the total membership at any given time! A very wise rule indeed to make sure that The Commonwealth Club retains it's rainbow colours!

I understand that the President of the Club is British and the Secretary Sri Lankan, proof if ever it was needed that though East is East and West is West both are best when the twain do meet!! 

Good Luck you guys and please let me know when the percentages permit me to be one of you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Unity - 14 years ago

The Commonwealth Club Of The Riviera is happy to announce that the former England Cricket Captain Ted Dexter will be our Guest Speaker at the Australia Day Celebrations on Saturday the 24th of January, 2004, starting at 12 Noon.

Better known as "Lord Ted" at the hight of his career as one of the best allrounders the game has ever seen, Ted Dexter will walk down memory lane reminiscing about the numerous "Ashes" battles he has participated in, both down under and back home.

We are filling up fast so register now!  Please see the original notice above for more details. Limited numbers. Closing date 20th January, 2004.

The Commonwealth Club Of The Riviera - Bringing People Together!