DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Waterpipe bar

Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gareth-182148 - 15 years ago

sure, i'd quite happily pop down to harem with you. how about this thursday (18th) evening? i've a couple of friends over on holiday who enjoy a pipe who, i'm sure, would love to come.

i don't know if we can just smoke and drink without eating (although i'm sure other people were last time i was there) but if we can't we can always order a selection of nibbles rather than a full blown meal - unless of course we're all starving!

if you're interested email me direct as i only look at the site every few days

Gareth

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 15 years ago

Thanks Gareth, care to join me if/when I go?Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by gareth-182148 - 15 years ago

try Harem in Cannes for  belly dancers and shisha pipes.Gareth

Sorry no image available

:-D  OK...How 'bout Friday night?  I want to go back into Nice anyway, and a couple of other people have expressed interest in going for a smoke too. 

Anybody else who is interested is welcome to join.  

I live in Valbonne and would be happy, also, to give a lift to bodies who would like to join but have transport problems.
E-mail me if you need a ride.

Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by cme73 - 15 years ago

Can’t offer financing … but will join you for a good “hubbly bubbly”

Sorry no image available

If you are wondering what a narghilla/hookah/water pipe is take a look at this site:

http://www.thehookah.com/index.htm

A n/h/wp bar is simply a place where you can go to smoke one of these.  You chose from a menu what flavor tobacco you would like to have and you can have teas, coffees, alcohol to go with it.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that there must be some problem with alcohol licensing here because going in and having a beer and a smoke (my preferred combination) doesn't seem to be possible.  At Casablanca in order to have alcohol you must also have a meal. At Nocy Be they don't serve alcohol at all.  Anyway, I went to Nocy Be and found the atmosphere very pleasant.

I usually smoked my own narghilla at my home in Israel, but didn't bring it with me.  I became something of an expert on the pipes and all the stuff that goes with them, and my garden patio became an informal narghilla bar. Before I left, my friends suggested that I open one of my own in the CdA.  Think that could be a possibility for the future....any one interested in being a financial backer??

Sorry no image available
Posted by WelshNotEnglish - 15 years ago

Call me ignorant, if you like, but what exactly is a waterpipe/narghilla/hookah bar? I don't think we get many of them in the Welsh valleys?

ps - do they play any Tom Jones in these kind of places?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monaco Max-189694 - 15 years ago

Alway up for a smoke, email me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by elizabeth-180196 - 15 years ago

I have only been to Nocy Bé (because of their choice of tea not of narguilla- I'm afraid I'm not a connoisseur) and did find the oriental atmosphere quite nice.

Sorry no image available

Thank you, Max!!  Grand Bisous

Anyone out there interested in going with me? 

I will definitely go to the one which serves alcohol.  I'm thinking about either tomorrow or Friday night.  It's fine not to smoke. If you are just curious about such a place and would like to chat and have a drink I would welcome your company.