DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Young Brits in Cannes/ nice?

Posted by gingerjane-195469 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi there, I was wondering if there are any young brits in either Cannes or Nice who, like myself, have just recently moved to France.  I am 23 and am living here with my French boyfriend and am really missing being able to have a chat with someone in English!  I've been lucky enough to be introduced to all of my boyfriends female friends, who are great, but it's just not the same when you can't really express yourself 100% over a glass of wine (although the words seem to flow more freely after a couple of glasses!).  If there are any people like myself out there (there has to be!!) then I'd love to meet you. A bit about myself : I graduated last year from Surrey Uni after studying French with European studies, now I'm working in a hotel in Cannes, looking for something better (not easy!).  I love going out, dancing, having a few drinks and generally enjoying myself.  I am very fun loving and slightly crazy sometimes, and would love to meet some like minded people in the area!

Sorry this doesn't really count as a 'great debate' topic but seemed like the best place to write it!

Hope to meet you soon!  Jane xxx

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eleftheria_p - 14 years ago

Hello Jane,

my name is Elly and I am not british I am from Greece and I am at the same situation as you. I leave in Mandelieu(next to Cannes) with my french boyfriend and I have exactly the same feelings with you. I leaved in Edinburgh for the last 5 years and I had a fantastic time. I would love to meet new people here and as you mentioned to be able to fully express myself to any subject when discussing. If you would still like to meet new people with the same experiences, you can contact me from this forum or send me an email at eleftheria_p@lycos.co.uk

Take care,

Elly

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eleftheria_p - 14 years ago

Hello Jane,

my name is Elly and I am not british I am from Greece and I am at the same situation as you. I leave in Mandelieu(next to Cannes) with my french boyfriend and I have exactly the same feelings with you. I leaved in Edinburgh for the last 5 years and I had a fantastic time. I would love to meet new people here and as you mentioned to be able to fully express myself to any subject when discussing. If you would still like to meet new people with the same experiences, you can contact me from this forum or send me an email at eleftheria_p@lycos.co.uk

Take care,

Elly

Sorry no image available
Posted by kaancd - 14 years ago

Hi!  I'm not a  brit... but do I count?!!!

I am actually the opposite, looking to find some french mates too speak with as I am living in an English speaking environment and really really want to improve my French.  I would love to meet up for a drink however so email me if you're planning a get together ... I work i Nice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gemma W - 14 years ago

HI

Im a young brit living in the nice / cannes area. Im 20 yrs old been here for 9 months. If u would like to meet up for a drink or a chat some time email me

look forward to hearing from you

thanks

Gemma