DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Am new to monaco

Posted by Aimhigh - Created: 10 years ago
0 0

Am from london and have moved to monaco to start a new life am here with my family, I am finding it very hard to settle maybe because i don't speak the language very well and i have no friends here.Been here almost a week.Well No friends yet I should say that more postive to say.I have a 6 yrs old son who am trying to get into school the school that i wanted him to attend is full is there any french primary schools around and do u know if they also do english classed there too.I am here today asking any one if they would like to either meet up for coffee or tea or have a girl's night out or even if you have a child close to my sons age you may want to meet up so they can play.Always think and be positive and good things will start to happen

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aimhigh - 10 years ago

Hello Thank you for yr replyI went to that school its called the international school of monaco but they are full. So i need to apply this year for next year. But thank you for your replyAlways think and be positive and good things will start to happen

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lillejohn - 10 years ago

Hi again,

I know there is an International school, nearby Stars n Bars in the Port. It is supposed to be very good.

Amanda

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lillejohn - 10 years ago

Hi,

I am a Swedish mum with two small children (7 and 23 months old). I recently moved here from London as well, and does not have a lots of friends (mostly Swedish). If you want we can have a coffee or something. Just post a reply :-)

I am not very good at French but will go to classes. Maybe you want to join?

I can recommend the Parc Antoinette in Jardin Exotique. It is a very good playground for kids in all ages, and they have also a cafe for parents.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Sorry no image available
Posted by luna-198041 - 10 years ago

Why don't you go to the park, they're plenty of english speaking mothers!!! Defintely in the troccadero park, boulevard des Moulins!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aimhigh - 10 years ago

Thank you for your reply, but i work for myself but i will take your advice thank you for yr in putAlways think and be positive and good things will start to happen

Sorry no image available
Posted by mikehayward - 10 years ago

go out with your colleagues from work! they'll help you settle in /meet new people. if you don't work you'll find it hard to meet people. join a language school to learn french - that way you'll meet other english speaking persons who will probably be themselves new to the region. failing that join a club. for the schools there are some international schools about that are bi-lingual.