DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Autistic child needs sponsor!

Posted by judeself - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by heatherb-303357 - 6 years ago

Hello,

Can you explain zhqt you mean by sponsor? Are these individuals who help with the cost of the school? Autism and good intervention is dear to my heart so I was curious when I read your post and the responses. I am glad you have found a good school for her.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MissV - 6 years ago

I have only just seen this posting and hope the event went well. You may be interested in an article on the BBC website today entitled 'France's autism treatment shame' - well worth a read!

On another note, my daughter is severely dyslexic and struggling at French college - she is in 5eme, we arrived in France when she was 9 so she has had to learn French and cope in the classroom in French schools, primary and now college. She has done incredibly well and it has been a struggle to get her diagnosed and the right kind of help - now there is a 'PAI' in place - an individual learning programme of sorts, she has orthophonie twice a week... but it is still an almighty struggle. Thankfully I speak fluent French so have been able to work my way through the bureaucracy and rules and regulations and luckily she is happy at her current college, as there is no way I could afford to put her through an international or private school, but I do wonder what the outcome will be in a couple of years - will she manage her brevet? Let alone coping with any kind of further education/lycee/bac! I'm on my way to parents night this evening, hoping this last term has been positive, her teachers don't all seem to really understand!!!! Bet a number of other parents out there have similar experiences with their kids schools!

Ongoing discussion on Anglo - I've seen a number of posts over the years... good to share the varying experiences.

Best of luck to all!

Sorry no image available
Posted by unclebuck-261169 - 6 years ago

I believe there will be a glass of wine there, but you are welcome to bring your own drinks along with you .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

Should we bring anything along?

Sorry no image available
Posted by uk2europe - 6 years ago

Really looking forward to this night, great curry and a chance to help out, I really hope more people will feel the same way about it, a great cause and every bit helps, would be such a shame there is no system in france to help with your daughter, thank god for Franco-Anglaise, lets hope more people can dig deep and try and help your little girl.

Sorry no image available

It will be 3 of us, 2 adults and our 17 y/o son.

Sorry no image available
Posted by franco-anglaise - 6 years ago

Thank you I look forward to meeting you. Your support is more than appreciated and will help children with learning difficulties such as dyslexia as well as autism and attention deficit disorder. Jacqui

Sorry no image available

I will come to the curry evening. Will email you to let you know how many it will be.

I look forward to this, knowing that it will be a great evening and in support of a good cause.

Sorry no image available
Posted by franco-anglaise - 6 years ago

If you wish to support this cause by attending the curry evening in Mougins please let me know by emailing me either through this site or on jacqui@franco-anglaise.com.

Thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by unclebuck-261169 - 6 years ago

Sorry to hear your bad news, and that the system here cannot recognise the situation with your daughter.. I would like to add that the idea of raising funds and a awareness is a great I idea and I wish you luck, I am unable to attend but will also donate €20 to a good cause, please can you send me the details for payment.