DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Babysitting

Posted by coley-197877 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lemanieg-181528 - 11 years ago

Just to say I used the Mary Poppins agency last night (June 19th 2007) and found them to be completely professional and reliable. The cost is 7,50 Euro an hour with a 3 hour minimum booking, 12 Euros for the agency, and 3 Euros for travel. The babysitter (an older French lady) turned up early, was very easy going and sweet, and seems to have done all I told her.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NiceIloveyou - 11 years ago

hello if you need a baby sitter I am available for 10 euros the hour, you can bring children at my home day and evenings...from the 23 of june uo to the all summer, let me know thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissa06 - 11 years ago

ahh yes i see. ok i'll start a new topic on that. i have no idea what the going rate is for that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ameri-cannes - 11 years ago

nissa, I would think that would fall under the category of 'day care provider', rather than 'babysitter', which is another thing altogether. (At least, in my opinion.) ;-)-Kim

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissa06 - 11 years ago

are these rates for the occasional night out or full time/daily rates? would you pay the babysitter who watches your child 8 hours per day the same rate?

Sorry no image available
Posted by chrissiet - 11 years ago

10 euros an hour , especially if they have their own transport and if there is more than one child.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by capetowngirl6 - 11 years ago

Babysitting rates 10-15 Euro per hour and if at 10 euro per hour then 12 euro after midnight

especially if they are coming with their own transportation. and depending where you live.

Need a recommendation of good babysitters

I have one Debbie and she charges 10-12 euros has her own car, around 40 yrs old and has a job during the day but babysits weeknights and weekends

Her contact details are :06 19 43 86 28

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 13 years ago

Most people have told me around 5 euros, but that it also depends on the age and number of children.

-Samantha

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

Correction!  Apologies!  Have just checked with said daughter who says she no longer babysits for less than 7 euros/hr  (I really should keep up with the times..). She's probably right, too, it's a highly responsible job.  Still reckon the French pay less, however..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 13 years ago

Hi Coley,

I babysit alot around the CDA and usually get paid 10 euros an hour. This is because i'm a wee bit older and have my own car etc but the usual rate can vary from 5 - 10 euros.