DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bar sur Loup

Posted by webber-231578 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian.-224567 - 10 years ago

nicandsi, I based my view on 6 month's rental. That was the 'light', the decision to rent not buy first we which nearly did. Doesn't seem like a strange view to me, I did find it cold and it was necessary to use the car more than I really like to. But it is just one person's view and if webber knows the area that's great, he / she can take an informed decision.

Sorry no image available
Posted by webber-231578 - 10 years ago

Great to see the replies, thanks! I have heard that it can get a little cold and humid near the river but we were in the area mid jan and the weather was great. We do now the area a little as we have a property over in La Napoule on the coast.

The kids are really excited, although the little one is a bit nervous about starting school. We have applied to Fenelon but will also consider local schooling once we have located a house to live in.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nicandsi-188743 - 10 years ago

I agree with you Georgia Peach.

ian strange you have that view as like you said you don't live around here " you saw the light ".

Dont be put off by that comment. It's a really lovely place to live. I too do my Shopping in Grasse Le plan.

I too cant complain too much about the local school. Mine dont go to Bar sur loup they go to the small village school in our village. But agree that is depends on the teachers. There are three english speaking kids in our school and mine are two of them. But in Tourrettes sur loup there are loads of english speaking kids.

Again all the best.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgia peach-233433 - 10 years ago

Oh don't worry, it is not nearly freezen here. Maybe alittle humid and colder if you live close to the river. True that if you have to go to Antibes or Nice or anywhere on the coast it takes about 20-30 minutes. I do most of my shopping in Le Plan de Grasse which takes about 12 minutes to get too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian.-224567 - 10 years ago

Any reason to be in Bar / Loup Webber? Pretty but you'll live in a car and freeze in the winter if anywhere near the Loup. We nearly started there but saw the light in time!

Sorry no image available

The school is alright. I guess like other schools, it just depends on your childs teacher. My kids have gone there from the very beginning so they like it and have made both English and French friends.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nicandsi-188743 - 10 years ago

Hi I have 3 children. 2 girls 10 and 2 1/2 and a boy of 9. I live in the little village just out side Bar Sur Loup called Pont du loup. There are many english speaking families around this area.

Good luck with the move

Sorry no image available
Posted by webber-231578 - 10 years ago

Hi Georgia,

Thanks for the reply. How is the school in Bar sur loup, we drove past a few weeks ago when looking at property and saw all the kids running around outside. It all seemed very friendly.

regards

Sorry no image available

Hi, I'm American and live in Bar sur Loup. I have a 8 year old girl and two boys 5 and 1. There are loads of English people with familys here. Not to many Americans though. If your kids go to school here then I'm sure we'll meet! Good luck with your move!