DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bisphenol-A in baby bottles

Posted by Blume-216527 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Daisydoll-202178 - 10 years ago

I think they have Nuby stuff in Autour de Bebe that is near Nice Nikkia.Daisy

Sorry no image available
Posted by luna-198041 - 10 years ago

Thanks!

I finally bought Dodie Mam and the avent teat fits!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Blume-216527 - 10 years ago

Hi Flowerpot,I tried an Avent teat on the BornFree bottle, and the teat alone, without the plastic ring that it fits in, did fit in the BornFree bottle ring. I did not put any liquid in the bottle so I don't know if it is a snug fit that would prevent leaking.

Sorry no image available
Posted by flowerpot-197745 - 10 years ago

Thanks Blume, by any chance do you if the silicone dummie of the avent bottle will fit on born free bottles?

Sorry no image available

I didn't know about the Nuby brand (which I think I've seen in pharmacies), but I bought BornFree bottles. They are available via internet order from their UK website. You can buy both plastic and glass.

Sorry no image available
Posted by flowerpot-197745 - 10 years ago

Hello

I am also concerned by this issue, baby bottles and containers containing bisphenol A are no longer for sale in Canada, if you type in google you can read the report. Last night i was reading a copy of this months magazine Parents and they said the European commission was studying the case but did not yet have results.

I also asked my Paeditrician who confirmed it's true, it was discussed in the last medical congress she went too...

You also find it in plastic mineral water bottles and the insides of cans. It only becomes toxic when you heat the liquid up in the bottle. So you musn't drink water from a bottle which has been left a long time in the sun e.g in the car

I have found a brand of plastic bottles which does not contain bisphenol it's called nuby, I haven't found them in the shops yet but you can order them from vertbaudet. I have not found any glass bottles unfortunately, now I just hope that the nuby bottles will fit in my avent bottle heater...

If anybody knows where I can buy glass or Nuby bottles or a different brand 0% bisphenol free I would be interested to know where!

I prefer to be safe than sorry...

Sorry no image available
Posted by ereiamjh-229420 - 10 years ago

I didn't research all of the bottles, I just simply moved to glass bottles. Also, for the freezer containers, I froze my milk in glass baby-food jars. I found that the Avent containers left the milk smelling and tasting strongly of plastic and my baby would have nothing to do with it. When I buy baby food, I only buy the ones in glass jars. Sippy cups are hard to get around though. I can give my baby water in a glass glass if I'm holding it, but it's not very practical most of the time. I've been using my Playtex ones, but I haven't looked into the chemical content yet.

Sorry no image available

Correction: I do know that the Avent breast milk storage cups are bisphenol-A free.But, this does not mean that all Avent products are bisphenol-A free. The bottles sold in the US are not.