DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Carrefour supermarket baby trolleys

Posted by inca-199525 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

Right on for ereiamjh. If you need to take a newborn out in public, there is nothing better than wrapping and carrying.
I've had quite a few now and with last 2 discovered the ancient art of swaddling and carrying. My wife actually went to classes ahead of birth to learn numerous different tying/carrying techniques and taught me a couple which I found the most comfortable for me. These classes were run through a midwifery network using the excellent Didymos slings. Years after they cease to be carried, the kids still love their slings (as a hammock or a cover) and show real affection for them.
Much better than trolleys or the like, colourful, simple, work everywhere, real benefits for Mum and Baby and even hands on Dads!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ereiamjh-229420 - 6 years ago

The big supermarkets do have the baby trolleys, but I wouldn't advise using them. With my firstborn, I did use them, but I found that often they weren't available or when they were, they were very dirty (one was covered in poop one time). You also have to make sure you bring lots of blankets to make it comfy.

After that experience, I learned to wrap my baby. This has many advantages - body heat, baby doesn't touch anything, baby doesn't cry, etc. This is especially helpful when you can put baby on your back. My daughter is almost 2 years old and she still takes a nap on my back the whole time I'm shopping.

Sorry no image available
Posted by uk2paca - 6 years ago

Thanks eurokine I meant that when I wrote the changing temperatures ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

there's not just the bug question, there's the extremes of temperature around the cold food section etc that should make one think twice about dragging tinies to the supermarket

Sorry no image available

Yh Shes lucky im hands on dad who takes his sons health seriously haha There is so many things on the Internet and studies that contradict one another these days so we prefer to listen to the advice of our professional, obviously it's not good to shelter your kids from everything but at such a fragile age I wouldn't take the risk. It's like in America they have chicken pox parties that are reccomended by doctors etc but a report shows that it's very dangerous and can put your child at high risk. Bon continuation :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 6 years ago

Sorry could not stop laughing when I read the above post... It sounds like you have been setup beautifully....I dream of the day my husband would leave me in a clothing shop whilst he did the shopping. But to be serious, the more babies are subjected to germs the more their bodies build up their ammune system. Just recently a study was released saying the more babies where exposed to germs the healthier they are.

I will try to find it and post it.

Happy shopping...

Sorry no image available

Realistically you shouldn't be taking a new born in a supermarket, our midwife didn't reccomend it because if the bacteria and changing temperatures, if we go I leave my wife in the clothing area whilst I do the shopping.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LYVIE - 6 years ago

Yes (not in the carrefour market) only supermarket as well as Géant...