DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

catchment area

Posted by Angela-181053 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Can someone tell me what the catchment area for the CIV is here please.

Thank you for any help sent

Angela

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angela-181053 - 15 years ago

cheers legendAngela

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

The CIV has 3 basic structures;

The collège (6ème to 3ème)The lycée (2nde to Terminale)The Classes Préparatoires (prep school for the "grandes écoles")

There is no "catchment area" for collège or the classes prépa.  Basically, admission is on a "dossier" basis.  The best qualified get in.  It helps if the student is going to be a boarder.  Having said that, it has been noted in the collège entries in 6ème a preponderance in children from the commune of Valbonne (not surprising as that is the commune where the CIV is located and the "collège du secteur" Eganaude is full to overflowing).

The CIV is the "lycée du secteur" for its catchment area as you call it.  I'm not quite certain of the geographical limits but it is surely Mougins, Valbonne, Sophia, Plascassier, parts of Biot, etc.

Oh - one other thing - each of those 3 structures is a tunnel.  i.e. - you come in only at one end, and you exit at the other - generally speaking there is no entry in the middle of either of the systems.  So entry is in 6ème and 2nde only, plus Classes Prépa of course.