Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Childcare and benefits

Posted by henni93 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Redbull-305003 - 4 years ago

If you are an EU resident you need to see your Dr and get a declaration de grossesse before 14 weeks, and then you have to comply with checkups etc and send the appropriate papers to the CAF, your Dr will provide you with this, stopping work so early in your pregnancy and getting benefits would be unusual, generally if your work is physical you continue to work but are allocated more breaks as the pregnancy progresses, as for the amount of time required working before benefits are paid depends on your work background in other EU states some are reciprical some not , your best bet is to arrange to see your Dr and then the CAF(caisse allocations famille) if your pregnancy is at risk you will be signed off work and recieve unemployment benefits until about 28 weeks, and then maternity leave, you can also contact your consulate and the croix rouge if you are in serious difficulties. EU countries are generally very generous near to the time of having and once you have had your baby as long as you or your partner and employer have "paid " into the system; so DR, CAF and enjoy your pregnancy and baby.