DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

early pregnancy club

Posted by :):):) - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gingerjane-195469 - 6 years ago

Oh my, I would have LOVED this when I was pregnant - unfortunately we moved up to Normandy and there were NO groups for pregnant ladies here - it seems the French just get on with it, whereas us anglo's like to get together and share the experience, good luck to you all, it's a wonderful experience, and when baby arrives, the fun really begins! :)  We plan to move back, so glad to know there is support if and when we decide to have baby no.2.

Sorry no image available
Posted by :):):) - 6 years ago

a group ante natal class started last week in Antibes, the next one starts in January 2013. The midwife is called Shelley. The link is here

Sorry no image available
Posted by lottie 99 - 6 years ago

Hi there,

I am 6 months pregnant and need to start anti natal classes soon. Was wondering if anyone knows any really good english ones in the Cannes / Antibes area.

I am also really keen to meet some expecatnt Mum's to be in this area. I am a 31 year old New Zealander living in Cannes and would love to meet some english speaking people in the same situation.

Keep in Touch,

Charlotte

Sorry no image available
Posted by s&gu - 7 years ago

An expectant mothers meetup, next one in 8th December in Antibes, for those up to 4 months pregnant. telling you all the info that will help you, whats available in the french system etc and which forms you need to have filled in etc, what your options are re birthing, home or hospital, in your area.
Plus Antenatal group classes run by an ex UK midwife, based on NCT classes, these are ongoing.
Plus a breastfeeding workshop for 7 to 8months pregnant expectant mums, all in english.These are usually announce on Riviera Radio, I have put a facebook page  link here, but I can send you an email too if you want.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cannes80 - 7 years ago

Hi, I have just found out I am pregnant (5 weeks) and having only moved to France in April and travelled a lot for work I don't know that many people yet. Really feeling like it would be good to have some kind of local support network and would love to find any sort of early pregnancy group or the equivalent of NCT in the UK. We are moving to Valbonne at Christmas time. Please let me know if you have any details of groups. Many thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by :):):) - 7 years ago

ok i found out about it, its run by a midwife and nurse, both english, and they will run every 2 months or so, and the next one is on Saturday, email me as i cant post details, if interested