DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

experience/thoughts on giving birth at CH Antibes / La Fontonne?

Posted by juliadevi - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by RuthR - 5 years ago

Hi Julia,

I gave birth at La Fontonne hospital, Antibes, in 2009. Chose the hospital as it's close to where I live (which proved to be important as my son arrived very quickly!), it was newly renovated with private rooms and my obstetrician worked there. Also, during my prenatal class, we went on a tour of the maternity unit of the hospital.

I found all the staff to be kind and understanding. An important thing for me as well was that most of the staff spoke a bit of English...and some spoke a lot of English and wanted to talk to me about their friends in the UK!

I don't have any experience of other maternity units to compare, but I'd recommend Antibes hospital and know a lot of people who gave birth there and have positive things to say about it.

One negative: I didn't like the food, so I ate what I could and my husband brought in food for me. Also, I agree with Eleanor's comment about the toilet paper!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eleanor R-181992 - 5 years ago

Hi

I had all my 3 at the Fontonne hospital in Antibes, the rooms are all singles, very clean and spacious, some with a sea view.  The maternity unit was renovated fairly recently. 

The staff were all very kind, gentle and encouraging, in the end had all 3 naturally without needing any peridurals, largely thanks to the midwives guidance and help.

All in all a great experience, but I would advise you to take your own toilet paper, they have that horrible pink recyclable stuff which after giving birth is not really what you want !