DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Haut Sartoux Bilingual CE2 Entrance Exam

Posted by hermosabeach - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hermosabeach - 6 years ago

Thank you, again, for taking the time to reply. I haven't heard from anybody else...so your information and ideas are even more precious. I will certainly follow up on the website and tips that you gave to me.
I have no interest in having my daughter study for the test - I was just hoping to be able to tell her what to expect (for example, "There will be four people in a room and they are going to ask you questions in English and French." or "You are going to have a multiple choice exam" or "You will have to write a story".) I was just hoping she could know what to expect in terms of the form of the exam - not so much the content of the exam. I don't think a general explanation of the procedure would give parents enough information to "prepare" their kids. But, I am not the one organizing the test. ;)
Have a great weekend!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ereiamjh-229420 - 6 years ago

The test will definitely be in both English and French. I doubt it is a written test, but then I don't know about the CE2 test. I think they ask the child to do the things on the CE1 competencies list, but they may ask them to do them once in English and once in French. I'm just really guessing here.

It's possible that they are opaque because they don't want children studying to the test, you know? The test is to evaluate the child's readiness and having the child study to the test would perhaps skew the results. There is a lot of work in the bilingual section and the kids need to be up to handling that workload and the pace.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hermosabeach - 6 years ago

EreiamjhThank you so much for taking the time to respond and to send the link. I will look through everything. I still don't quite understand why they make the process so "opaque". They don't say (and I haven't heard anything from current parents) if the exam is oral, written, a combination, in French, English, both. Oh well! At least I'll have some idea of what she is expected to know...thanks to your link!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ereiamjh-229420 - 6 years ago

Hi,

I think you're going to have a hard time finding people who have gone through this since most students are recruited at the CP level. But, it is a school that follows the curriculum from the Education Nationale, so your child should have the recommend competencies listed on the government's website: http://www.education.gouv.fr/bo/2008/hs3/programme_CP_CE1.htm

Good luck!