DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

infant immunisations and weight

Posted by AbbieR - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AbbieR - 15 years ago

Dear all

Thanks for the info

Abbie

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 15 years ago

Just to add that if you are staying here on a permanent basis, there are legal examinations that your baby will have to have.  If you find a nice paediatrician, he will give you a Carnet de Santé where everything is recorded and the legal things documented as well.  You can also make appointments at your local hospital in the paediactric unit. They will give your baby regular checkups and make sure his vaccinations are up to date. In France it is more common for children to visit paedriaticians at least up until the age of six befiore chaning to a general doctor.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brooksta - 15 years ago

Hi Abbie

My name is Sue and I have an 18 month old and live here in Nice. Your local doctor can administer the immunisations quite easily - I know a really good English speaking doctor who is based in Rue Victor Hugo but I don't think that I'm allowed to put his name or address down here. As for getting your baby weighed I would suggest that you get a paedritrition (sorry can't spell it!) baby is about to wake up any minute!! - I know a lady in Nice centre who speaks ok English who will do it all for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Are you here to stay?  If so - choose a local general practitioner - you have the right to any you prefer ro even more than one!  Get some recommendations from frinds/neighbours or even here in AngloInfo.  The GP can take care of all the things you mentioned.