DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for english reading lessons for my son

Posted by AnnabelS - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exclusive Rentals - 6 years ago

Hello,I am a qualified Avanced TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language, diploma received at the Reagents College in London) teacher for all ages.
Having recently returned to France after spending 8 months working in a private school (Moyles Court School, Hampshire, references available) as house staff and as a one to one French tutor for ages 3 to 16, I am looking for employment as a private tutor, either in French or in English. I hold a Baccalaureat with the American International Option, received at the Centre International de Valbonne (CIV) as well as a CRB check which is mandatory for working with children in the UK. Please feel free to contact me by email at: heatherlong06@aol.com Heather Johnson-Long.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AnnabelS - 6 years ago

Thanks for the messages regarding this. Since arriving, I realise that the french system for 3 year olds is much more advanced than in Spain! So yes, I will follow your advice and leave the english lessons for now. Thx

Sorry no image available
Posted by N.-199005 - 6 years ago

Are you an English (speaking) family? If so, my advice would be to leave his English to progress naturally through discussion at home. He will be learning French reading at school so you don't want to bother him with the formality of English lessons or confuse and upset him with the difference in the two written languages. Once he's mastered French reading and is comfortable, you can move on to writing and reading in English. Why rush and risk upsetting him - it's not as if he has a test reading in English to get through. Let him gain confidence in one and then move to the other. At night in bed, read him a story in English pointing out the words as you go. It'll come naturally without formalising it. (I'm an English teacher by the way). I'm also not sure what you mean by
" I want to help him out with the reading and writing." - if he is entering the French system don't you mean you want to help him with French reading and writing?