DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking to 'adopt' a Granny

Posted by 252Josephine - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 252Josephine - 6 years ago

I have gotten the idea from a german company which gets a lot of media attention doing just that (matching families and grandparents). Unfortunately they are asking 500 Euros fee! and it is more of a temporary Au Pair thing!
If I would be "getting" the whole french culture a bit more, I might be tempted to start a more affordable version here.. Thank you for noticing the post.. maybe you know someone who knows someone?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MamaB - 6 years ago

Josephine I love this idea and it is something I have thought about several times. I have lived an expat life for 20yrs and all my children have been born away from their grandparents which is so sad. I think 'older' peoplecan give so much to our children because of their life experiences and children can give so much joy back. It would be wonderful to start a programme like this and a win/win for both parties.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ankre - 6 years ago

hi josph

You are right. I am also sure that there are plenty of olderly women who would love having family.

I am looking for the SAME thing !

BR anita

Sorry no image available

Thank you so much, I will try them for sure! The website someone recommended has very few people on there- it looks like a lot but when one looks at which year they registered in... well I did it anyways and contacted a couple but now answers.. :-)I am so sure that there are plenty of older ladies out there who would love the opportunity but that's not exactly the internet generation...

Sorry no image available
Posted by ankre - 6 years ago

Hello Josephine,

I had the same idea as you as I have also 2 children (3 ½ and 7 ½) and Daddy is working a lot and I do also work.

I contacted the association in Cannes GRANDS-PARRAINS, tel 06 12 32 71 97, grands-parrains-cotedazur@voila.fr. Through this association I found grandparents for our children, however, the situation for the “grandmother” changed and she did not contact me anymore (I am a bit frustrated). Well…..

For more information please contact me (ankreuz@yahoo.com). We are living not far away from each other (Mougins)

anita

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 6 years ago

There are pod casts of RMC radio programs, go to their web site, it was JJ Bourdin's program. but I can't be sure of the day, either Tues, btween (8.45 - 10.00) or Wed or Thurs ? (between 8.45 & 9.15) I was listening in the car !

Sorry no image available

Thank you! I registered on the website. They don't let you search a database it seems.. I have to wait to see if the administrator approves of our details.. Thank you very mucfor the tiph !I have used commercial online matching sites- I had Au pairs the last three years- but three out of five were not good and it took me weeks of frustrating internet searches with half serious candidates, money for registrations and pay and then the disappointment.. The thing with Au Pairs is also that they get older and move on in life, job, boyfriends and the great ones can't come back..I am hoping to establish a longer lasting and more mutual relationship. I will let you know if the site works.

Sorry no image available

Hi there and thank you for writing! I didn't hear the program, do you have any more information about it? A name of an organization? Thank you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kdas-315011 - 6 years ago

Wow,I love this idea!

Good luck and i hope the perfect grandparents find you

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgia peach-233433 - 6 years ago

Have you seen this website? I thought about trying it once but never actually contacted anyone... Good luck finding a loving Granny!

http://www.super-grandparents.fr/