DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Maternelle Rentree - what to buy

Posted by AbbieR - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

My eldest son starts maternelle in Nice soon. We should be given a list of things to but. I'm just wondering what would be on that list so that I can start buying some things in advance rather than doing it all in a rush at the last minute. We have already bought his yellow "tablier", what else is there?

Thanks

Abbie

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 13 years ago

Hi Abbie,

If/When he stays for lunch you'll be asked for a serviette, possibly with elastic on - in some schools they ask you not to bring 'cartable' for the little ones since they usually have nothing to go in it. Children can also take their blanket and soothers for their naps (little ones particularly) and most schools provide clothing for those little accidents and you simply wash and bring them back.  All school materials are provided for, you may be asked to share in the gouter - you'll learn this on the first day or so - some schools supply it others ask parents to contribute regularly with yoghurts/biscuits/compotes etc. - and you may be asked for paper/cardboard rolls/egg boxes etc. but your son won't actually need anything as hope said.........

Are you ready with your hanky? It's traditional to get weepy, I'll be thinking of you......:o)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 13 years ago

from what I remember there is nothing else to buy except maybe a schoolbag to go on his back. If the school hasn't already sent you a list (which tends to be for kids in "primaire" rather than maternelle) just wait until the day because honestly he won't need much at this level.

Wait until he gets older !!!!!!! then it will hit you.

yvonne