DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mougins school or bilingual school

Posted by emilie877 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eleanor R-181992 - 5 years ago

There is also a group just starting on Facebook about this : 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268739583252608/

Please join and protect these classes, who knows which commune will decide to do the same with their various international sections if they see that Mougins have done it with out anyone speaking out for the pupils. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cornelia Bacchiocchi - 5 years ago

thanks for getting involved  Yes, it is difficult to get a place in these schools and now it will be even harder to get into.  I think it really sad to close a section after everything is in place and working well, we do not have a reason for this decison either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by emilie877 - 5 years ago

I have heard of the closing of the trois collines international section and think it is really sad...It seemed like it was already very hard to get a spot with the 2 schools open but now...I have signed the petition and really hope it will make a difference

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cornelia Bacchiocchi - 5 years ago

Subject : Primary International Section Closing

Hello

For those who havent heard yet, the town hall in Mougins have decided to close the primary International Section in the Trois Collines school.  They are not moving it elsewhere but quite simply closing it.  The International Section provides schooling in French and English for children in the primary levels.  Closing down this section means reducing the places available each year from 39 to 26, as only the Haut Sartoux school will for the moment remain in place. 

Please can you kindly show your support for the children who are currently in the school, the children who are wanting to go into this section in the years to come, by signing this online petition : 

http://www.mesopinions.com/petition/enfants/fermeture-section-primaire-internationale-ecole-publique/9532

Thank you for your support, please share this link with all those you know.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lescypres-873147 - 5 years ago

My kids (with two English parents) went through the French system from maternelle, no UK TV, so they could join in conversations with school friends and they had English lessons on Wednesdays. Our last posting was to Japan with ur then 14 year old, she went to an Anglo phone school as there was no choice. Coming to Valbonne to finish her last 2 years of schooling Mougin school was perfect for her as they really supported her. The teaching staff were great but she found the Monaco Princesses hard to tolerate. It is an ex pat environment where children never know when their friends might disappear. I would put my children into the village school which will give you immediate entree into village life. Counterbalance this with 2 hours reading and writing in English with a teacher or find if there is a group. I have heard there is a Montesssori school in the vicinity, worth looking up perhaps? Good luck. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by emilie877 - 5 years ago

He is too young to get in the CIV. He's only 4! The plan is for him to attend the CIV later on though...

Sorry no image available
Posted by val1999 - 5 years ago

Hi, try to get him in the CIV - or do you want to stay in private schools?  I can only recommend CIV and their American section.