DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

School

Posted by Cass318 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lili62-228937 - 5 years ago

Try to apply in CIV they have english section and they are use to children who doesn't speak french. They have for them a special class where they can lern french and when they are ready they go in normal french class. ISN and Mougin's school only have english class ( ib diplome) and are very expensive. Ebica have both english and french. They allhave website

Sorry no image available
Posted by Norab6 - 5 years ago

Hello,

I am in exactly the same boat as you except I have a 12 yr old son and a 15 year old daughter! Private school is not an option as I have two smaller children too and can't afford it! I am so stressed about finding a school and can't seem to find any answers except to put them in private school! :(  I did apply at CIV which has an International section but really doubting they will get in as it is very limited spaces. If you hear of anything or just want to chat please message me! xo

Sorry no image available
Posted by trae1107 - 5 years ago

I agree with the previous posting. This is a tough age to stick a child into a total French speaking system - particularly as collèges are socially challenging as well.

There are the 50/50 options, such as Ebica - or you go the 100% English route with ISN or Mougins. This will be the kindest to him and disrupt his schooling the least. But it's the most expensive. Ebica is cheaper and will be a lot better than 100% French.

I would look at ISN, Moygins and Ebica websites, see how you stand financially then go visit. If French collège is the only option, go to the Mairie in JLP and see if they offer foreign support in the school - some do. Cross your fingers, hire a French tutor and hope for the best!

Good luck. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

That's a VERY difficult age to move a child to another school where he can't speak the language. Have you thought about a private international school? Collèges here are very formal and he will be totally lost in all subjects, especially French.