DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where can I buy child's painting apron

Posted by AbbieR - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by DMG-194481 - 14 years ago

Carrefour normally stock these aprons for 3 weeks around the beginning of the schoolyear in September.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AbbieR - 14 years ago

Thanks very much to both of you!

Abbie

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 14 years ago

Actually.........there are usually reasons.  Because there are THREE classes in the Maternelle Section of school, it is much more practical for each class to have it's own colour so that it is easier to identity where lost aprons belong. The reason that PLASTIC aprons are a bit of a hassle is that because they ARE plastic, paint and water slips off of them onto the floor which tiny feet tread in, spread about and slip over and hurt themselves in. Cotton or other material ones absorb the paint and water.

Simple when you know why!  :o)

Don't ever think teachers are there just to annoy you! They have your children in their care.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

LOL - the "petites exigeances" of the French maternelle teachers never fails to amuse me.  Wouldn't you think that in France, land of LIBERTÉ Égalité Fraternité that they might allow a little personal choice in pre-schoolers' painting aprons - but no - it has to be yellow, cotton, etc.  Did they specify a brand?

Well never fear.  When France creates "petites exigeances", it also creates niche suppliers.  (One wonders if there may be some complicated connection between the two?).  If the folks below can't help you to get your son kitted out for "les arts plastiques", then you should demand that the maternelle teacher does your shopping for you....

ROI DU TABLIER (Le) 6 rue Barla 06300 Nice   04 93 55 40 29
 Tabliers d'enfants tous coloris
 blouses professionnelles et fantaisies
 robes et tabliers toutes tailles

Sorry no image available
Posted by AbbieR - 14 years ago

I forgot to say, it has to be an apron made from material not a plastic one