DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Accident at crèche

Posted by chesterb - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chesterb - 6 years ago

Thank you so much for the replies. I will definitely get in touch with the Directrice asap

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 6 years ago

Either the daycare lady is naive not knowing how to deal with a real accident or else she is trying it on.
If the accident genuinely happened like that, she should have declared an "accident de travail" straight away. This is a formally declared accident which happens at your place of work or on the regular commute to or from. Sure, the Sécurité Sociale coverage will not be the full amount of the dentistry but it will set the insurance clocks so that her employer's insurance takes the rest and then, depending how it is set up, her employer's insurance engage yours (responsabilité civile). That's how it is supposed to work.
If the lady's story is true, then it is a shame that she is now post-treatment. I suppose she could try to declare retroactively but that will in any case need the Directrice to become involved for the formality of the declaration. Without that, I don't see how you can unilaterally involve your insurance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mayperle - 6 years ago

Sounds very "iffy" to me... Maybe you should inform the Directrice, and maybe a lawyer?You may want formal documentation from the dentist who fixed her tooth, and from the school....Best of luck,M