DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice on law suit re sale of house

Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - 5 years ago

I have the Acte now and only the renovation works are covered for any hidden problems (and for 10 years).  It would seem that the recourse is to the builders (and their insurance) - they are happy to rectify the situation.  It amazes me that this could have been simply solved with one or two phone calls rather than involving a lawyer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Bluefin, are you saying you haven't received your copy of the acte de vente??  You should have been given this on the day the acte was signed or very, very soon afterwards.

I asked but you didn't reply whether the avocat's letter mentions a vice caché?

Sorry no image available

I have contacted the Notary for the details in the contract as I haven't received the final copy yet - but I have asked him to see if there is anything in the 'Etat de bien' which will mean I am obliged to do these works.  I really don't want to have to go to a lawyer over this if I don't need to  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Does the avocat's letter mention 'vice caché'?

Sorry no image available

the roof was only repaired in the area where no construction was going to happen - we intended adding a second level but gave up due to costs.  The house was sold on this basis and not as a completed renovation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Sounds like they are fed up with having leaks every few months, and are hoping to incentivise you into a permanent fix. Fair enough leaks happen, people accept that - but not on a regular basis. I suspect they have decided to start putting it all on record, in case it turns into an ongoing problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by louloumac-283464 - 5 years ago

Hi,I would without question recommend Maitre Karim Sedrine,an excellent,understanding,English speaking lawyer based in Grasse near the court his contact no.0493362336.Good Luck ,Mike