Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Annual travel insurance needed (for over 65)

Posted by HandA-281266 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 7 years ago

From listening to the stories of this from my parents, my one advice would be to seriously consider the "double" quote from your existing company. Because when you break the cover, and then find no-one else gives you anything better, trying to go back to the original company and that double quote no-longer exists, and it's even higher.
Particularly if you ever had any modestly serious illness or condition, it is then a "pre-existing" condition which pushes up your premiums. If you keep continuous cover, then it is no-longer a pre-existing condition to the policy, as it happened whilst under the policy. You might have to declare this though even so (read the conditions).
Shopping around each year doesn't work very well if you are over 65, continuity seems to be better in this case.

Sorry no image available
Posted by atr-246415 - 7 years ago

Try World Nomads www.worldnomads.com - they are great, cover you if you are already travelling and you can choose various options. The age limit depends on your country of residence (if you are an expat, usually where you would choose to be repatriated to in the event of an emergency), but just checked for France and its 66yrs :)

I don't think they price according to age, its more according to where you want to travel and what you would like included.

Good luck and happy travels!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Floridian-312987 - 7 years ago

You can try IMG (International Medical Group), they were the cheapest for me, but I am not old.