DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

ANPE

Posted by Andy-181078 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Apologies to anyone who clocked this already on a previous posting but I surrounded the original question with so much waffle, it just got lost in other arguments.

ANPE... has anyone any experience with them? Are they any help or do they switch off once they hear the english accent? Can they give assistance immediately on registration or is there a waiting period? Will they give advice to someone on holiday who won't be actively seeking work  for another 3 months or so?

PLU   Andy

PS   Stirrer 3.  No need to aplogise. I have no monopoly on wishing peace and love. In fact I took "Peace, Love and Understanding" from an old Brinsley Schwartz / Nick Lowe  song from the 70's. And am I worried about copyright? Am I boll...s.

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 15 years ago

Hi Pippa, Carol here again, yes the Actes course is  a national course run all over france. You would have to follow the same path as in my previous answer Assedic/Anpe saying you want to work but have little or no french etc. Yes I'm afraid you will have to change your CDS to an active one if you want to do the course. If you want any more info answer or email me anytime.

Regards

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by Me0wP00-182715 - 15 years ago

Hi

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.  Is this ANPE French language course a national program as I live in Central France but it would be wonderful to get on a language course without having to pay.  Also Ive got a non actif CDS would I need to change it to Actif before registering with ANPE or when I finally get a job.

Regards

Pippa

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy-181078 - 15 years ago

To Carolie and Legend...A thousand thanks. It certainly opens a few more avenues. I know the money isn't good doing deliveries but work is work. An income is better than no income. It looks like we'll have alot less in the bank than we'd hoped when we come down so finding A job is going to be paramount for both of us. I'm very interested in what ANPE offer in the way of language assistance...my reading French is very good but my spoken French, at the moment, is  at best adequate for basic conversation. The trouble is that if the course is during the day we just won't have the time to do it(hopefully). A rock and a hard place!

Am I being unrealistic in hoping that lack of fluent language skills is no more a bar to menial employment than it is in the UK?

Thanks again....Andy

Sorry no image available

Dear Andy.

If your problem is you speak very little or not great french, there is a goverment run scheme that will teach you french and pay you a small amount each month about 300Euros while your doing it, only problem is you have to wait about 3 months.

Here's what you do, go to local assedic office unemployment office in ENglish, they wont give you the dole but they will open a file on you and give you the papers with your number to go to the ANPE. DOn't forgoet to bring all your papers with you, passport carte de sejour even tempoary one is fine etc.

Then go to ANPE and basically tell them you want to work in france but don't have enough English so you can't find work, you don't have the money for french lessons and you have heard about the goverment course run by ACTES that gives you a formation/training in French.  You may have to do a bit of pleading here to get on the list. They will then fill in the application to ACTES and you wait to be called.

I know it sounds complicated but you want to intergrate to work in a french company and have little or no french itt's the best way to go. I'm doing the course at present, I'm  slightly brain dead in the evenings from talking french all day but boy , I have learnt loads in 3 weeks. The course is for 3 months by the way, and because you are paid by the goverment you can get your carte vitalle etc, you get onto the sytem.

Sorry for it being so long, but I thought it could help you and others maybe thinking of moving. If you want any other info you can email me direct or write here whichever.

Cheers

CarolCarol

Sorry no image available

Hi Andy, I gave you an answer to ANPE also under your permis B inquiry.

Cheers

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Permis A is tricycles, motocyclettes

Permis B is vehicles with less than 10 seats and less than 3.5 tonnes so I guess that equates to a regular family car or people-carrier up to mid-sized delivery van

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andy-181078 - 15 years ago

Thanks for the response. Ive looked at ANPE's website quite alot lately. I notice many of the driving jobs require a "Permis B". Anyone know what the UK equivalent is?

Thanks, Andy

Sorry no image available
Posted by bridget j-183853 - 15 years ago

I never had to use them myself but I used their website to find a job (annonces d'emploi)

See www.anpe.fr

You've got to have a reasonable level of French though

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Bridget

Sorry no image available
Posted by juniper-184191 - 15 years ago

Andy

I've had loads of experience with the Anpe, They can  be helpful ifyou meet the right person

You don't have to tell them that you're on holiday! Sign on now you'll probably take  3 months to get all the paperwork done, signing up afterwards is just a phone call (08 N° press button) once a month.

ju

Sorry no image available
Posted by stirrer3 - 15 years ago

no worries, that'll come under the fair use rule.

sorry, can't help with the ANPE