DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Auto Entrepeneur Advice - Help!

Posted by Liz T - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rodneyjohnhall - 5 years ago

have you checked out:

http://www.startbusinessinfrance.com/

loads of good information.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

As I recall, the stuff I had from Humanis didn't apply to AEs - what it was saying was that if you have employees, you as an employer have obligations towards your employees. If they've sent you the same thing, email them and tell they you an AE and have no employees and you will most likely hear no more from them.

I don't remember Reunica.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz T - 5 years ago

Thanks, Louise! Much appreciated. I just posted a couple of other questions. Would you mind if I contacted you offline?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz T - 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice! I did suspect those business directories were bogus!

Humanis and Reunica keep chasing me about 'retraite complementaire', which they say is 'obligatoire'.

Is is obligatoire?

If so, are they just management companies?

Can I arrange this directly with ARRCO/AGRIC? (Are they 2 different companies, or the same thing?)

Thanks again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by LouiseLL - 5 years ago

I agree Laughingboy - I had the same flood of paperwork which baffled me slightly but as you say, it can mostly go in the bin! So don't worry Liz, anything important will clearly stand out as important.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Most of the stuff you get can go straight in the bin. 

You will get 'scams' that appear to tell you you have to confirm your entry in a directory - do not sign and return these or you will find you have agreed to pay them thousands of euros for a listing that you do not need and do not want.

The flood will dry up after a while, it seems that companies get notified of new businesses and write to them a couple of times then stop.