Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Auto Entrepreneur - Buying Good from UK

Posted by salesatcotedazur - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fiona06 - 7 years ago

Contact the local business TAX office (centre d'impôt des entreprises) and ask for a european VAT number aka "Numéro de TVA intracommunautaire". You'll have to provide them with identification of your company (SIRET or SIREN).

I think you'll have to declare and pay VAT in France upon reception of the goods.



Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 7 years ago

Thiis is only like a sole trader without VAT registration in the UK doing the same thing.  VAT number is not a pre-requisite to make a sale.