DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

autoentrepreneur v micro enterprise

Posted by kas1 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

Thanks laughingboy, as usual, very helpful info.

I too was concerned when I first read this post the the OP hasn't been paying cotisations so will not be able to enter the health system until they start doing so, if that's the case ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

sorry I meant DON't put off doing anything until that happens!

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Hi Kas

First of all, auto entrepeneur is not a separate regime from micro entreprise, it is a particular type of micro entreprise. All AEs are micro entreprises but not all micro entreprises are AEs. So the fact that you have been told you are registered as a micro entreprise doesn't mean that you're not registered as AE, but nor does it confirm that you are. (if that makes sense....)

As an AE the obligation is on you to declare your earnings every quarter, and at the same time pay a percentage of your earnings as cotisations, which then entitle you to your carte vitale. Have you earned anything? If you have, and not declared it, it might be a bit tricky to backtrack, technically there could be a fine for each trimestre that you have failed to submit a declaration (even if it's a nil declaration you have to submit one), and also do I take it you didn't fill in a tax return? Again, it's the individual's responsibility to initiate submitting their first tax return - after that the state sends you a form, but it's your job to get the first one and fill it in, otherwise you're not in the system and they don't know about you.

You say you haven't received any tax related papers, presumably that is because you haven't shown any signs of life, but have you not received a health attestation? You should have.

Maybe you should start by checking that you are still registered, which you can do by entering your siren on this site http://avis-situation-sirene.insee.fr/avisitu/jsp/avis.jsp

If you are, I suggest you go and talk to somebody at URSSAF. It sounds like a bit of a mess but I've always found the people at URSSAF very nice and understanding, and hopefully they will advise you what to do next.

Another point to bear in mind is that after 24 months of inactivity your business is automatically closed, and you can't then re-start the same business - so put off doing anything until that happens.

Hope this helps!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kas1 - 5 years ago

Hi there, thanks so much!

Have a great day!

Kas1

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

There is a forum member called laughingboy on AI Brittany who gives fantastic advice on AE and businesses in France.  I'll post the link and ask him to have a look at your post if that would help.