DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Benefits...

Posted by kab-182655 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Speaking with a number of English and French people here, they have advised me that I maybe entitled to unemployment benefit (dole money) here??? I don't work but my husband does (over three years) so it would seem from advise given to us that qualifies me....can't see it myself as I haven't worked since I arrived in France.

Can anyone please advise, before I make a wasted journey to the local dole office :)

kab

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

save yourself the (ultimately wasted) journey.  You do not qualify.  What (who?) on earth made you think that you did?

Sorry no image available
Posted by palmerbarbara2001 - 15 years ago

good luck firstly you will have to phone the assidic up for the forms then fill them out but as far as i know unless you have worked and got made reduntant you are not entiled to any dole but they do send you to the job center where they send you to school to learn french and get paid for it also you have to fill the form they send you every month and return it or they will strike you off and you have to do it all over again sorry to seem down hearted but hope this is of some help good luck once again. once you do get something out of them it is worth it

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 15 years ago

Did you work in GB or another European country before you arrived here? And how long ago was that? I believe it is very dependent on things like that, but it really is worth going to the Assedic to find out....as for being entitled because your husband works here, have never heard of such a thing personally...........good luck.YJME