DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

buying an apartment viager-libre

Posted by luise_w - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by First Features - 4 years ago

Hi Golfer1

I am also doing research as a friiend of mine needs a place as soon as possible.  Perhaps we could share research.

firstfeatures@hotmail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Golfer1-246910 - 4 years ago

Buying by Viager (in whatever form) can be a really smart way of investing in real estate, for the right type of investor.

In your specific case (viager libre, assuming non fixed term), the only significant downside is if the seller outlives the expected normal life expectancy.  In that case you run the risk of paying over the odds for the property.

For investors who are financially robust enough to withstand the downside, this type of investment can work out really well.  Viager Occupe presents some other downsides but also has some seperate upsides.

Email me if you need any further info, I'm currently analysing this type of investment in detail.

Sorry no image available
Posted by califlandre-843334 - 4 years ago

you might contact  Mylene De Paoli at www.bm-finance.fr who has given me some advice on viager recently both libre and occupied.

tom flynn

tomflynn59@gmail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by First Features - 4 years ago

Hi Luisa,

It depends what you are looking for in a viager.  There are actually quite a few different types of viagers.  You might want to look at www.viager-libre.fr to get more info.  If I have a better idea of what you are looking for and where in France, I could probably give you some more info. that might help.

Eugene