DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

carte de sejour - ecore

Posted by Tania-185457 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 15 years ago

ElCid: you have one more month, by law.

See http://www.angloinfo.com/information/cds.asp

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by ElCid-184930 - 15 years ago

I'm confused too.. do I really have to go through all this bureaucratic paperwork.. I've been working here through a french emplyment agency for 2 months, and have another 4 months tops.. does anyone know if i have to get one, or oerhaps my stay is too short??

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjrking - 15 years ago

Help!  I have read so much about the CDS and thought I understood it all - but then again . . . I will be moving permanently to the CDA in a month or so and will be looking for work once I am settled.  Can I apply for a CDS without regular employment, or do I wait until I have a job and then apply?  Methinks the chicken and the egg spring to mind!  I would be grateful for your experiences.

jo

Sorry no image available
Posted by palmerbarbara2001 - 15 years ago

I went in the morning and queued a while but by lunch time there was no queue as they are only open to 2.30

Sorry no image available
Posted by thesius - 15 years ago

and a forced smile....a pack of cards, a couple of cartons of cigarettes and three bottles of Mount Gay!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheryl-180648 - 15 years ago

ahem, get there before it opens at 8.30am and join the queue and the rush to get in to queue again.  Yes, it IS that bad and no doubt there will be some new paper you need that you don't have.

Good luck and take a book!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tanya-182357 - 15 years ago

Normally it is only necessary for the people requesting the Carte de Sejour to be there = yourself and your husband. I see no reason to take the kids unless absolutely necessary. The first visit to apply for the Carte de Séjour and to get the recipissé can take from 1.5 - 3 hours. I would allow the whole morning. Best policy is still to get there first thing in the morning = 8.30am as people are served on a first come, first served basis.