Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Carte Vitale

Posted by stefoil - Created: 17 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 17 years ago

There's more info on this page:  http://riviera.angloinfo.com/information/1/healthinsure.asp 

It pretty much endorses what Pippa has to say.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Me0wP00-182715 - 17 years ago

Was in the same boat as yourselves last year.

You need to get an E106 from Newcastle, which your entitled to as you will be paying NI in UK Still.

Then you send your cds photocopy,e106, rib and I think birth and marriage certificates to the Relations International Dept of CPAM In nice, I'll hunt the address and tel number out for you.

You then get sent an attestation (social security number) which covers you for as long as your E106 is valid just the same as a french national. You obtain reimboursement by sending all your paperwork to nice everytime you go to the docs, dentist, chemist etc etc.

I have been told carte vitales will be given to E106 holders to help the reimboursement process become more fluid, infact I am now living in Central France and my mother has received hers although my dad hasn't but is expecting it soon.

I had a horrendous job trying to find all this out and get it sorted so it's nice to be able to help someone else that it seems is in the same position as us.  My hubby was an IT contractor invoicing England, even his agency didn't have a clue how to get our healthcare sorted.

HTH and if I can be of any assistance, email pippa@standardandatlas.com



Sorry no image available
Posted by stefoil - 17 years ago

Ok, tks for your input

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 17 years ago

To get a Carte Vitale, you need to have a Social Security number.  To get a Social Security number, you need to be paid in to the French system (URSSAF).  If you have never paid into the system (or your employer/spouse/parent/guardian has not paid on your behalf) then you will not be entitled to social security coverage.