DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Certificat d'Urbanisme - Another quick question...

Posted by wlrussell - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

What is the difference between a certificat d'urbanisme and a note d'urbanisme?  Apparently the notaire has obtained a note d'urbanisme for the cabanon and land - will this suffice for our needs or is a certificat a mandatory requirement? 

Any help, as always, very much appreciated!! I will be grey or bald by the time (if ever) this house purchase actually goes through!!!

Wendy

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

This doesn't sound right either - we are talking about two entirely different sales deals here , with presumably the land or ' cadastre' divided up for this purpose ! If the other people go ahead and sign , why should it effect you, unless the vendor wants all the money as soon as possible !

Be careful !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by wlrussell - 15 years ago

Thanks again StGeorge - I have got in touch with the website you recommended to see if they can clarify things for me.  I have phoned various solicitors but they are all unwilling to have a 5 minute telephone conversation with me as they cannot seem to work out a charging system for this to meet their extortionate fees.  The notaire is being about as co-operative as a brick wall (he wasn't appointed by us) and has decided to become Mr. Elusive.

They are rushing us because we are tied into the purchase with another buyer.  The vendor has split his property into two separate plots selling each one off individually with my partner and I effectively buying the 'gardener's cottage' and half the land.  The couple who are buying the other half are ready to sign and are getting impatient!

Thanks again

Wendy

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Your Notaire should know exactly what the difference is ,and explain it to you . The note d'urbanisme is NOT a substitute for a Certificate , and I would suggest you contact the Site I posted ASAP for clarification.

By the way , its the first time I've heard of a Notaire being in a hurry to close a deal - normally it doesn't make any difference , as the State takes most of the funds you pay him , and it's just another dossier - it's possible the vendor is pressurising him , but this isn't normal either !

stgeorge