DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

employing people directly in monaco

Posted by charlotte1-223027 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlotte1-223027 - 5 years ago

Thanks very much for your reply, however, it seems to relate to France and not Monaco who have different laws and rules on many things, so it is not necessarily the case that because something can't be done in France it can't be done in Monaco.

Does anybody know the situation in Monaco by any chance?

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlotte1-223027 - 5 years ago

Thanks very much for your reply, however, it seems to relate to France and not Monaco who have different laws and rules on many things, so it is not necessarily the case that because something can't be done in France it can't be done in Monaco.

Does anybody know the situation in Monaco by any chance?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

Hi there

I'm afraid it isn't possible.  They would need to have a French social security number and you would have to pay their cotisations.  So on an ad hoc basis it wouldn't work.  I totally see your reasoning on this - I too would never have used an agency to look after my son when he was little, but this is to stop immigrants being brought into France for 'cheap labour' (not the case with you, I know!) and avoid paying French contributions.  So employing your UK friends isn't possible.  Do you know know any friends/children of friends who are resident whose services you could employ?

The only way non-French residents can work here without a French social security number is if a UK (or other non-French) company seconds an employee overseas.  Even then, the regulations are extremely rigid.

Hope you get something sorted, but legally this isn't an option I'm afraid.