DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Finding out your tax number

Posted by Lala99 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Lala - why have you been waiting for months? Go and see an Inspecteur du Travail immediately.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-503086 - 5 years ago

Why not ask your current employer if they would contact them since you are not getting any response and have been trying for months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Do you know which caisse you were with? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lala99 - 5 years ago

Yes, know that and slight problem with getting pay and details from previous employer hence the question. Have been chasing them for months now. Need to get my carte vitale and need to prove my social security contributions so need to find the number.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

If you were previously employed by a French employer your social security number will be on your payslips.  You will definitely be required to give your Social Security number for your new contract.  Do you have a carte vitale or attestation from the CPAM?  This shows clearly your number.

You do realise that in France tax isn't deducted at source you complete an annual declaration.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lala99 - 5 years ago

Must be the Social Security number; not being asked for it but want to make sure my pay deductions are going to the right place.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Are you sure it's your tax number you are being asked for, and not your social security number (NIR)?

I don't see why your employer would need your tax number, but they do need your social security number to pay your cotisations