DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French Income Tax

Posted by johnking - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnking - 5 years ago

Thank you for that I did check it was in the right place I wii wait to see  what the bill is then I will go and see them ask how it  gets to 2000E.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-503086 - 5 years ago

You can review anytime what you have entered online - check the figures you have entered again  and that you have put them against the right descriptions - completing when  a pensioner are entered into different sections than those for a non pensioner.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Laghingboy and Eurokine I see from your posts you both know a lot about life in France. I/We have lived in France for 20 years and are used to paying tax here .However this year I have filled out the form online and  my tax comes to 2000 E on an gross pension  income of less then 37000 E it seems a lot more then other years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

If you are resident you are obliged to fill in the tax form-its up to them, not you, to decide you do or dont have to pay tax

Income abroad should also be declared whereupon bilateral tax agreements come into play so you dont (technically) get taxed twice.

If you have problems filling in the form either see your bank who will have someone to help at this time of year ,or the local tax office ditto, or an accountant.

For an estimation of your likely tax bill go on the impots.gouv site and do a simulation (probably in french but Im not sure)

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago

Even if you don't pay tax it is best to fill in a tax form as you won't get your reductions in taxe d'habitation etc if you don't.

Sorry no image available

Do you start paying  5.5% after 21276e ??