DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French will

Posted by murrlorr - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 5 years ago

I think it is a possibility/project for 2015 and not confirmed but you can die between now and then!

I am most surprised about getting a rv.  Go along to the cabinet direct.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alcopop-294508 - 5 years ago

Hallo, will these new law mean that my present will which was made in the UK before I came to live in the south of France will then be valid.  I believe at the moment its null and void. 

Many thanks in this matter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by murrlorr - 5 years ago

No pun intended--I will.

I am going over next week for a few days and will go to Place de Gaulle to seek one out. It is incredible that the notaire who I used some 7 years ago and who was so efficient is now impossible to get to confirm a date. Often the way I guess.French

Sorry no image available
Posted by job-212223 - 5 years ago

Please let me know if you find a notaire in the juan/antibes area as I have been meaning to do the same thing and keep putting it off!

Sorry no image available

That is extremely helpful information and very intersting and appreciated.Thank you ,

Sorry no image available
Posted by HandA-281266 - 5 years ago

I do not know if it is relevant to you, but under EU in about 18 months you will be able to have your French property dealt with under UK inheritance laws - so that you are not bound by French Inheritance regulations as to what your children get.  You can draw up a will now with it stated that it shall be dealt with differently once the EU legisation is incorporated into French law.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

No idea as we did the will thing about 8 yrs ago

try asking when you arrange your appointment

Sorry no image available

Thank you --I wiill look them up or walk round the square

Any idea of cost

Sorry no image available

Thanks

French is fine as long as he/she speaks English as my French certainl;y would not run to lrgal jargon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

We used maitre Djian on place de gaulle in Antibes. He speaks english & there is another notaire in the etude who does also but I dont remember his name