DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

GPRS contract phone/residency permit

Posted by saffron-183148 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fugly-185614 - 15 years ago

Ok for those that do not know GPRS is an application where instead of paying a standard minute rate for surfing the net you simply pay for the page that you download.

Have you considered waiting a couple of months for the third generation phones to be released?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham Facey - 15 years ago

Part of my job involves organising mobile phone contracts for people, mainly because they want the GPRS data service for Internet access.

My experience with SFR and Orange is that people need a French bank account, plus just proof of address ("justicatif de domicile") in France or Monaco - not a residence permit.

Please feel free to call me on 06 86 36 58 61 during business hours to discuss further.

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by stirrer2-182859 - 15 years ago

I dont know what a GPRS is but with my mobile on a contract, all I needed was a bank account, and for my bank account (Barclays Cannes) I didnt need a carte de sejour, all I had was a letter of recommendation from my UK bank cost 20quid (the cheek of it).

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 15 years ago

When we're on the subject of GPRS - is it available in France and how much are the monthly charges?