DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Have French 2012 Tax credits for Wood burning stoves been scrapped??

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 5 years ago

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my initial post and just wanted to share the following...

Following advice from fellow Angloinfo members, I went back to my local tax office again and this time managed to speak to one of the tax inspectors who told me that we were indeed eligible to claim a reduction on our taxes having installed a new wood-burning insert and chimney. Thank you once again to all fellow Angloinfo forum members.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-503086 - 5 years ago

I could get it cheaper than that I'm told.  For our wood burner we need it to be less than 45cms so we get what they call the 33cm length.  We used to live in the Var as gardiens and our wood was free from the estate for our open fire then but I'm not surprised at what you have to pay.

Sorry no image available
Posted by house for rent-318030 - 5 years ago

Humptydingo, I see you live in the Limousin, here on the Riviera wood costs €75 a stere in 1meter length and a lot more in 50cms.

Sorry no image available

This is our first year with the wood burner and I was paying €110 for 2 x steers (not cordes) - i.e. 2 cu. metres @ €55/steer - so I said €139 ' for nearly 3 steers '' i.e. €139 - €110 = €29 towards the third steer so I considered half could be considered as nearly !

Sorry no image available
Posted by cupplet - 5 years ago

Where do you get 3 steers of wood for 139 euros ?

Sorry no image available

Sorry the cost of burner should be entered in box 7TV not 7SO. There is no 7SO -  I think I got that from an old form before completing on line and discovering it was now 7TV for the 15%.

Sorry no image available

Our log burner was not an expensive one... but not cheap either but we are to get €139 rebate - not to be sniffed at I think........  will pay for nearly 3 steers of wood for next winter....

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 5 years ago

A very big thank you for clarifying my query re tax credits for a new wood burning chimney insert and for explaining exactly where I should note this expense on our tax declaration. That's just brilliant and a huge help as I was unsure whether I could actually put down this as a tax credit as a woman at the tax office told me that the system had changed and it wasn't worth claiming the credit.

Sorry no image available

If you mean a new wood burning stove then it is not true.  I don't understand what you mean by saying that it is an insert - is it a stand alone wood burning stove or a totally enclosed insert into a fireplace. It is true that the rebate has been reduced but you are still able to claim the rebate on your tax form for the 2012 installation of 15% for a new one and 22% for replacing one..  I have filed my returns online and received confirmation, on screen after I filed my returns, of the amount of rebate I will receive.

On form 2042 you need to be crossing box 7WE and putting the amount in box 7SO - 15% (that's if it is  new one and not a replacement.  it is only the cost of the wood burner and its parts and not the labour to do the work that you claim for.