DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Imports from US

Posted by Lescypres-873147 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

My sister sends mine and always removes all the tags, stickers, etc.  so they are considered used - no duties charged even if new.

Levis jeans 1/3 of the price, my converse high tops = $19.99 instead of €60 and I still have not found t-shirts here the quality of fruit of the loom ( there was a outlet store behind the train station in nice but it has been years since I have been there)

Yeah, with the state of the fashion scene here (made in france), they will charge high tariffs

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josephine Mackenzie - 5 years ago

I bought clothes from an online store in the US a couple of years ago & had to pay what amounted to half the value of the clothes in customs duty.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

I have had clothes, shoes, electronics (phones - unlocked) sent from the states and have never had any import duties charged.

Did your friend leave the price ticket on?

Maybe cowboy boats are just on the list to always charge. You can probably blame the Bushes for that one.

The dounes have a email at la poste, that would make me think twice. They do have an intensive website were you can probably find the correct address.