Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Income tax question

Posted by KathrynM-218185 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

Having already gone to the tax office and heard there reply, I wouldn't even bother filing for 2012.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 5 years ago


It's fairly simple, well if anything in France ever is.

You make a tax return in France 1 year in arrears.

So you will have to send in your 2012 tax return by 31st May 2013.

You declare all of your earnings in 2012, including the UK earnings, plus your tax paid in the UK.

The French system will credit you for the tax paid in the UK for your UK earnings. et voila, you may even get a rebate (ho ho), but rest assured you will not be taxed twice on the same earnings.

The convention just evens things out between the UK & France.

Also remember that a French tax return covers everyone in your household, so it's not just you, but your family as well on the same return.