Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Insurance for helping to teach kids?

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

Im surprised one doesnt have to have responsibilité civile professionnelle insurance as part of the dossier to be an autoentrepreneur but I dont know anything much about that status so maybe one doesnt.

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who replied. I do have status as an autoentrepreneur and am qualified to teach Eglish as a foreign language but haven't been asked for this insurance until now. I have contacted my insurance agent so hope that they will sort it out and that it won't cost a fortune as I will not be earning much money for this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

If you are in a salaried position your employer should deal with insurance issues for you and if you're not and are doing this 'freelance' you'll need to register as an Auto Entrepreneur or be paid CESU.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

you probably need reponsibilité civile professionnel .

You dont say who your insurer is but my insurance company/agency just needed to know the profession to do the insurance, it's a fairly standard requirement for anyone  who works with  the public. Check with the company that does your household insurance etc as some "school insurance for kids" companies only do that & nothing else