Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Medical cover for english people retiring here.

Posted by nasus1 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Simonflys-282424 - 7 years ago

Hi - so long as your parents are retired and in receipt of a UK state pension then no problem at all. Their benefits can be transferred to France by means of an S1 which will entitle them to the same benefits as a French citizen. They will still need to purchase a top-up mutuelle policy if you need full reimbursement of course.And....even if they are not in receipt of a state pension they may still be entitled to cover. There is plenty of info on line and on AI and you can always contact DWP, HMRC or the CPAM for help and advice.Simon