DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

need advice to certify documents

Posted by chireese - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rivierayoga06 - 5 years ago

Ask the embessay of S.A to certify, then get it translated in french only by certified translator and he will then certify it . In anycase in france all docs must be in French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidu - 5 years ago

Hi, I often send some documents for Latin American Countries, the best is to write your document in both languages needed (French + Other). Go to the mairie to have your signature certified, its free (personal or business doc). Ask the person who certify to write his name on the paper too. Then send the document to La Cour d'Appel de Justice - Service Apostille (if you live in the 06 then you have to send it to Aix en Provence). In the letter, just explain for which country you need, and join an enveloppe with your address for them to send it back to you.
It took me several weeks to discover this FREE way to do it > Precious information !!!
PS: We are in August and La Cour d'Appel might tell you that they will do it only back in September, so you gonna have to insist...

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

the mairie also only certify documents in french but I used an english speaking notaire who certified my english language papers & copies.
I used the notairial office in antibes, 5 place de gaulle, my usual contact is Maitre Djian (who speaks english) but it was someone else there who did the certification on that occasion. I didnt need anappointment (tho I had phoned first to check it was possible) and I wasnt charged anything (amazing)