DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

One day of notice period

Posted by flowher - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PrincessPhoebe - 10 years ago

Hi there,

This is normal during the one month trial period. However, the notice period will likely change to one month at the end of that trial period if you are on a permanent contract.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 10 years ago

My three month trial period states a 1 day notice period for the first month and one week for the second month. I can't remember if it's one or two weeks for the third month. Thereafter it is three months' notice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 10 years ago

I think the concern here from the poster is that the notice period is mutually 1 day, so he/she only has to be given that notice during the probation period.

It doesn't sound very normal to me for a permanent employee to have 1 day notice even during probation, but it's not necessarily a bad thing in case things don't work out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by martinnice - 10 years ago

Yeah if you find another job, just give a 1 day notice period. I worked for a company and while working, I was still job hunting and my new employer needed me to start ASAP, so I gave a 1 day notice and everything was ok.Its better to give a 1 day notice than to just walk out of the job or something crazy like that. To answer your question, a 1 day notice is correct and your boss will understand.