Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


paper work for a canadian

Posted by francine2011 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crossfamily-289915 - 6 years ago

It will depend on the type on visa you had to begin with, I have just been thru this process and have sent you a pm to ask you all your details to try to assist.

feel free to ask any info regards the above process as I did find it rather difficult to get current answers.

Merry Christmas

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sevendaver1 - 6 years ago

I am a Canadian living west of Nice. I would 1st go to the Mairie in the town where you live and get them on side. If you do not speak French take someone that does but you control the process. Ask what you can do, smaller town Mairies are better, more friendly and less frantic. You may be able to apply for a Titre de Sejour but without a direct EU connection you might find it difficult. Once you are into the process do not mail correspondence to the Sous Prefecture, make appointments and wait in their office. Do not make mistakes on applications. Appeals are costly. Email me directly I am very interested as the Regional Rep for Southern France, Canadian Expat Association.