DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Passport renewal

Posted by Chevichops - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chevichops - 7 years ago

Hi everyone

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I have grabbed the bull by the horns and am sending to Paris so I know in my heart I am legal! I now know I can sleep well.... Even though I do begrudge having to pay out 200€ instead of £72.50!

hopefully this discussion will be of use to others..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Josephine Mackenzie - 7 years ago

I did it 2 years ago by mail through Paris & got it back within 3 days.  I don't recall how much it cost, but it was not not significantly more than in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by jonymar - 7 years ago

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applicationinformation/DG_183772

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 7 years ago

Last I heard, if you are a French resident you can only renew via Paris 

however you are probably right, you could go to, where ? & wait in a line & waste half a day....... time is precious.

I am happy to be corrected

Sorry no image available
Posted by jonymar - 7 years ago

"If you are a French resident the only way you can legally renew your passport in the UK is to present the forms in person. Others will argue ... comme d'hab ..."

Not quite true. But you do have to be in the UK, to make an application for renewal.

Renewing your passport during a long visit to the UK

If you’re in the UK for longer than three weeks, you can also apply to renew your passport using the standard renewal process. This process usually takes about three weeks but turnaround times aren’t guaranteed. IPS recommends that you use the Post Office Check & Send service. Applications sent using this service are usually processed more quickly than standard postal applications.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 7 years ago

If you are a French resident the only way you can legally renew your passport in the UK is to present the forms in person.

Others will argue ... comme d'hab ...