DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paying a fine..please help

Posted by jimjef - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kaylptaylor - 6 years ago

I noticed someone telling you to ignore your fine... please don't! My husband was fined in error by the Gendarme because he picked up our previous employers dogs from the station (they had escaped and as Rottweilers are considered dangerous). It should have been directed at our previous employer instead of my husband. We moved house before the fine arrived and the gendarme caught up with us a few months later, I've no idea how, and asked us to come to the station.. It caused all sorts of hassle, and we were told that a warrant had been put out for his arrest. I presume the same would happen for a drunk driving fine. Definitely better to go to the police station, pay it and then never think of it again!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ron T-262215 - 6 years ago

Hi Jim,

the onus is not on you to contact "the police" that's their problem. If you didn't receive anything in the post, WHY do you want to pay for something you haven't received, I'd let it go and, don't believe all you hear from others. If I knew then what I know now I would ignore it.
Good luck !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 6 years ago

I think the police station is the place to go to.
N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimjef - 6 years ago

thanks. you think the best option is to go to the police station or the mairie?

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 6 years ago

I would recommend to contact the police who took all your details and said you will receive something at home.
In my opinion, they will want you to come with a proof of your former and new addresses (EDF, Tel bills etc) just to make sure they're dealing with the right person.
N.